MajorWager Forums

MajorWager Forums (http://www.majorwager.com/forums/)
-   Mess Hall (http://www.majorwager.com/forums/mess-hall/)
-   -   THE JUICE IS LOOSE: O.J. Going to Orange Bowl to Back USC (http://www.majorwager.com/forums/mess-hall/30321-juice-loose-o-j-going-orange-bowl-back-usc.html)

Louis Cypher 01-04-2005 03:52 AM

THE JUICE IS LOOSE: O.J. Going to Orange Bowl to Back USC

By JOHN NADEL
AP Sports Writer

January 3, 2005, 8:59 PM EST

MIAMI -- O.J. Simpson plans to root like crazy at the Orange Bowl.

"I'll be in the stands cheering as loud as anybody for USC," Simpson told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Monday.

"I can't wait. I always follow SC -- always have, always will," he said.

Simpson said he hasn't seen his alma mater play in person for about 10 years, though he has watched most of the Trojans' games on television during that time.

But the lure of seeing No. 1 Southern California take on No. 2 Oklahoma for the national title Tuesday night was too great for Simpson. The former Heisman Trophy winner lives about 30 miles southwest of Pro Player Stadium.

His attorney, Yale Galanter, monitored the telephone call and wouldn't allow Simpson to say where he'll be sitting inside the stadium.

Simpson played for Southern California in 1967-68, winning the Heisman his senior season. He then went on to become one of the best running backs in NFL history, mostly with the Buffalo Bills. After that, he was an actor, television football commentator and pitchman for Hertz.

That, more than anything else, made Simpson perhaps the best-known former USC student, surpassing the likes of actors John Wayne, Tom Selleck and Ron Howard; Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, and astronaut Neil Armstrong.

Simpson was tried and acquitted of murder following the June 1994 slayings of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ronald Goldman, in the Los Angeles suburb of Brentwood.

Simpson was found liable for the deaths in a later civil trial and ordered to pay $33.5 million to the families of the victims. His Heisman Trophy was sold to pay a portion of the judgment.

"I'm fine, the kids are happy, that makes me happy," he said. "They're doing terrific. My daughter's in college now, my son is in school here."

His daughter, Sydney, is 19; his son, Justin, 16. He said his son couldn't go to the Orange Bowl because he's playing in a basketball game Tuesday night.

Simpson did not attend any of the Trojans' practices. Two years ago, he dropped by a USC workout before the Orange Bowl against Iowa and was warmly received by players -- but the school later was criticized for the appropriateness of the visit.

Simpson said he was surprised USC was favored in this game because the Sooners have more experience. Yet he thought a freshman, Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, could make a huge difference.

"He's the one player who's probably going to have the greatest impact on the game," Simpson said. "You can be in the perfect defense and it doesn't matter, he'll make an adjustment, he'll make a move and he'll score. He's the type of athlete that you can't defend. He scares me to death."

Railbird 01-04-2005 03:55 AM

RE:THE JUICE IS LOOSE: O.J. Going to Orange Bowl to Back USC

FIGHT ON JUICE

superhero named Tony 01-04-2005 03:56 AM

Quote:

He scares me to death."

well at least he doesn't knife you to death OJ

Bitter Bruin 01-04-2005 03:57 AM

Good to see that he is still trying to track down the real killers...I had heard they might be at the Orange Bowl too.

TTinCO 01-04-2005 03:59 AM

RE: THE JUICE IS LOOSE: O.J. Going to Orange Bowl to Back USC

Anyone going to lay a # on the amount of blow OJ does before the game?????

MURDERER POS.......

nino brown 01-04-2005 04:05 AM

oj makes some very valid points.

Louis Cypher 01-04-2005 02:41 PM

<<<His attorney, Yale Galanter, monitored the telephone call and wouldn't allow Simpson to say where he'll be sitting inside the stadium.>>>

Why wouldn't he? It's not like someone will go over to that section where OJ will be sitting and cold-cock him, although that would be a great humanitarian effort!

LC

wolfman 01-04-2005 02:44 PM

if oj released where he was going to be sitting, the real killers may switch seats

Tildy 01-04-2005 02:46 PM

Considering the game, and considering that he will be in attendance, does anyone else think that it is a 100% probability that the "real" killer will be at the game?

blacklab #2 01-04-2005 02:52 PM

O.J will not rest until he finds the real killers......

He's searching every golf course in north america and mexico........

and now in a crazy brazen move,the killers will be at the game tonight........

I for one feel safe with O.J. on the lookout........very good chance the killers will not strike again tonight

ronbets 01-04-2005 04:26 PM

But hey, this is America. The people will greet him with open arms and kiss his butt at the game. Some will reminisce of his 80 yard TD run in a losing effort versus Ohio State in the '69 Rose Bowl. Glad handers will stroke the shit outta him. Too bad I'm not there to remind him that Rex Kern was the star in that game.

THUMPER 01-04-2005 06:48 PM

will Scott Peterson be looking for Laci's killer at the game also?

I would pay money to see a fight to the death between him and Juice.

Juice -450
Scott P +300

as you can see, the juice is loose.

if you only knew 01-04-2005 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by: Tildy
Considering the game, and considering that he will be in attendance, does anyone else think that it is a 100% probability that the "real" killer will be at the game?

nope. the real killers are back in colombia planning their next murder of the guys who didnt pay the coke fees this time. maybe this time they get the right ones...damn that faye resnick bitch

jackass 01-04-2005 08:43 PM

Whatever happened to his prank show. I think it was you got juiced or something to that sort.

Onasoapbox 01-04-2005 09:00 PM

Odds on ABC television camera locating him
Yes=+200
No= -150

They will spend a fortune trying to loacte his seat during the game. Maybe he'll go in disguise.

michael777 01-04-2005 09:12 PM

give me the limit on no -150

Louis Cypher 01-04-2005 09:16 PM

Knowing OJ, he had someone, who knows maybe he did, call either the producer or director of the telecast and mention where he will be sitting tonight, he'll be on air somehow...hopefully the SC Alums didn't get him a pass to be on the field tonight...LOLOL.

P.S. Remember, there are people in this world (his jury) out there who thinks the man is innocent!

LC

sportman 01-04-2005 09:26 PM

I'm sure he is innocent of s o m e t h i n g ...... [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

THUMPER 01-05-2005 04:35 AM

he is 100% innocent of coming up with any good alibis on the night of the double murder.

chipping golf balls in the dark... lol.