MajorWager Forums

MajorWager Forums (http://www.majorwager.com/forums/)
-   Mess Hall (http://www.majorwager.com/forums/mess-hall/)
-   -   WTF?? (http://www.majorwager.com/forums/mess-hall/237666-wtf.html)

Big Baller 08-27-2017 01:24 AM

WTF??

OK fight til the ref stops it, WTF?
Put him up against the ropes, pummel him, maybe the ref gives him a standing 8 (don't even think that was necessary), then drop him to the canvas, that is what happens in a big boxing match.,

I feel totally ripped-off, they played us all for the re-match.
McGregor was the happiest loser I've ever seen.

t_d1

Big Baller 08-27-2017 10:40 PM

totally surprised that I was the only one that thought that fight was a scripted dancing with the stars.

I remember Hagler/Hearns fights, If boxing is going pussy route as NFE, I'm not interested..

Caitlyn Cwissy 08-28-2017 08:05 PM

Conor McGregor looked every bit an amateur. Disgrace it took 10 rounds for Money to finish him and even then he didn't put him on the canvas. Get out of here sticking his stupid paw out to keep Money away and then grabbing him and hitting him on the head. This is what a real fight looks like.

Hearns/Hagler Round 1

KoolPappy 08-29-2017 08:06 AM

Either way, the outcome was clear.

Michael Cash 08-29-2017 08:41 AM

I just don't understand why his trainers didn't teach him to pace himself for this fight. The amount of energy this guy was expelling in each early round it was obvious he couldn't maintain that pace. He basically wore himself out and cost himself even a chance to win. It wasn't terrible though

howid 08-29-2017 07:54 PM

mayweather hadn't fought in two years, he did the right thing in feeling mcgregor out for a few rounds, letting him wear himself out.

hell how many southpaws did he fight, no way you go for the quick kill and leave yourself exposed. to boot, mcgregor was switching from lefty to righty and tossing in a punch in between.

no complaints here, thoroughly enjoyed mayweather's approach.

Big Baller 08-29-2017 10:28 PM

Fight was an over-hyped sparring match at best.

Best part was the smoked Tri-Tip the host had at the party I attended.

Caitlyn Cwissy 08-29-2017 11:39 PM

If Money boxed in the 80's and faced Hearns, Hagler, Sugar and No Mas, it is more likely he would go 0-4 than 4-0. Money is the best of the past 21 years but not the best of all time. It's not his fault. He fought everybody out there - although De La Hoya and Pac were past their prime. But you can't make him GOAT when he never faced the Fab Four. Hearns probably the GOAT in the debutante round. If Money did what Hagler did then crown his ass. No way he could have danced out of that. He would have had to take the punishment, survive and have enough left to take control. What Hagler did was epic. All 50 wins combined by Money don't come close.

We will never know.