MajorWager Forums

MajorWager Forums (http://www.majorwager.com/forums/)
-   Mess Hall (http://www.majorwager.com/forums/mess-hall/)
-   -   Jailbroken TV (http://www.majorwager.com/forums/mess-hall/235245-jailbroken-tv.html)

Michael Cash 01-14-2017 09:05 PM

Jailbroken TV

Any sharps here hip to this tech? Got one of these units off eBay for $60 and it's probably the best $60 I've ever spent that didn't result in an ejaculation. Highly recommend.

truckman 01-15-2017 01:43 PM

what does it do?

bbqguy 01-15-2017 04:02 PM

i looked and it could be cool, guess you'd need to get the right one.

bbqguy 01-15-2017 04:03 PM

unlocks a bunch of tv and movies

michael777 01-15-2017 04:12 PM

unlock some winners,then you would have something!

Michael Cash 01-15-2017 08:14 PM

It basically allows you to watch every TV show and movie ever made for free. After you buy the box of course.

I got turned on to it from my old lady's sister when I was trying to watch the last season of shameless without having to pay for showtime.

She has an amazon fire tv stick that was jailbroken and let us borrow it. It was ok but it was slow as dick and after I gave it back I looked into what other options there were out there that were faster.

The app is called Kodi and it basically lets you watch pretty much anything without a cable provider. All movies and TV, sports, PPV, etc.

Out the box it needs some work to get all the sports and PPV but for movies and TV and shit it's ready to go.

I only got it a couple days ago but I already watched 2 movies that are still in theaters for my kids and I also watched Star War Rouge One. Watching the NFL game right now in 1080p as well.

There are a lot of jailbroken things out there but I got a x96 Android tv box 2x16 with Kodi and I love it. The fire stick is garbage but it will suffice for now.

Michael Cash 01-15-2017 08:15 PM

This isn't the seller I used but this is the same box I got...

X96 S905X Smart TV BOX Android 6 Quad Core 2GB RAM 16GB ROM KODI Box Keyboard 4K | eBay

gradysfalcon 01-15-2017 10:43 PM

Hi Boys
Firestick are not good .
Ive had a streamsmart tv for a year now and its great .
one time purchase and you get all the movies you want to watch even movies in the theater.
live tv shows
netfix shows no need to pay for it anymore
every PPV
Nfl redzone
all mlb nba hockey you can watch .
streams are good and there is nothing to dowlaod
buy the box load it up one time and you have hundreds of apps to watch anything you want.
check it out if you have questions fire away
there even is a support for free
Official Website of StreamSmart TV Media Streaming Player

Michael Cash 01-16-2017 09:00 AM

Holy shit, $450? That sounds like all the shit the one I bought does, why is the one so much more expensive?

gradysfalcon 01-16-2017 05:50 PM

Thats retail
You get get them for $250 -$300
best streams and its easy to use.
There might be a few updates a month but its as easy as a iphone updates are.
Iive had a few friends that were using the fire stick once i showed them the streamsmart they switched over .

Michael Cash 01-16-2017 08:38 PM

The firesticks are garbage but I am happy with this box I got so far. I'm not sure another $250 would be worth it unless there is something exceptional about these boxes.

Big Baller 01-17-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

This isn't the seller I used but this is the same box I got...

X96 S905X Smart TV BOX Android 6 Quad Core 2GB RAM 16GB ROM KODI Box Keyboard 4K | eBay
-Just bought one, $59.99 includes shipping, get it in 4 days.
-You had me at FREE. If I can lose Comcast, even better..
thx for the tip.

Michael Cash 01-18-2017 08:13 AM

I ordered 3 also from this guy for my old lady's sister, my buddy and my brother in law. I also bought the mini wireless keyboard for myself.

So far we have watched 3 movies that are still in theaters and we finished season 7 of shameless which is a showtime show.

I don't think I can dump comcast because I get internet from them and I still like to watch local news but you can dump netflix and hulu and if you have little kids watching 1 movie pays for itself for what a trip for 4 to the movies costs these days.

You can also watch NFL redzone on here as well but I haven't been able to test it out because the stream only shows up when games are on and I hadn't hooked it up yet.

I did see a shit ton of hoops, hockey and soccer on there though.

Once you get it, there is some cuban dude on Youtube called solo man that has a lot of videos about this shit that tells you some alternate streams and little tips to get the most out of the box.

Big Baller 01-18-2017 10:33 AM

Yeah, I was thinking same thing about Comcast, and my internet.
I don't watch local news, but like alot of those crappy Gold Mining reality shows.
I bought some $30 Roku thing after my cousin was talking about all the shows I'm missing on NetFlix. Never opened the box, will return.

Will send back feedback when/if I get it hooked up.

Hartley 01-18-2017 12:48 PM

I wonder if it would work in Canada?

Michael Cash 01-18-2017 02:23 PM

Gold mining shows are on this jailbroken box. So far the only thing I haven't been able to get is local tv stations. I can get local tv from Bangladesh and Antarctica but not from Michigan so who knows if it's possible. I'm still really scratching the surface of what this thing might do.

Hartley, just needs internet dude, ethernet or wifi. You can even put in your carry on and take it with you on vaca

Big Baller 01-18-2017 03:31 PM

I'm assuming you need one for each individual TV in your house?

Michael Cash 01-18-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Baller (Post 1840038)
I'm assuming you need one for each individual TV in your house?

Unless you've got a really small house 1_.

nino brown 01-18-2017 07:17 PM

Get the newson app mcash. Ive got it on roku...surely you can get it on your device