ONLINE SPORTSBOOKS

Go Back   MajorWager Forums > MW - Online Sportsbooks > Mess Hall
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mess Hall Online Sportsbook Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #818 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2009, 02:52 AM
parlayin parlayin is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle B View Post
O.k., finally headed there now.......

Man, i hope i'm not disappointed...
so how was it? and what was the damage?
Reply With Quote
  #819 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2009, 05:13 AM
Uncle B Uncle B is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: denial
Posts: 48,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlayin View Post
so how was it? and what was the damage?



It wasn't bad, but, nothing i'd go out of my way to have again anytime soon....I had the 'Sunset Fire-Grilled' steam-pot with the crab, and my wife got the Bean Town Bake with the lobster...Both were pretty tasty, but, hers was a lot better than mine...

They all seem pretty identical except for the main meat ingrediant, both of ours had shrimp, andouille sausage, corn on the cob and potatoes....Just, one had crab legs, and the other had lobster..

My crab was tasty, i just liked her lobster more...If i went again, i'd definitely go with the bean town pot....

Can't remember how much each one was actually....But, i remember thinking it was a pretty decent deal....I know the total for the meal was $148.00, but, i had 5 or 6 drinks, and she had desert..

Was a tasty meal, and even with all the noise, and the moronic 'dancing' the staff is forced to perform, it was a fun day out with good food and drinks...
Reply With Quote
  #820 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2009, 06:12 AM
parlayin parlayin is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,577
Default

nice, thanks for the update. hope she drove home
Reply With Quote
  #821 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Uncle B Uncle B is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: denial
Posts: 48,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlayin View Post
nice, thanks for the update. hope she drove home



lol


Yeah, we went in her truck, so i was good to go...
Reply With Quote
  #822 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2009, 05:52 PM
luke m. luke m. is offline
Four Star General
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 16,526
Default

looking-for-a-bargain-dinner-try-lobster.html: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
__________________
Originally Posted by harvin

Gonna go ahead and call Vikes +3, MONEY

James Goldstein "NBA Super fan"


i'm adding this to my sig fuzzy! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #823 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Uncle B Uncle B is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: denial
Posts: 48,018
Default




Shit man, i got hungry just reading the article...






Reply With Quote
  #824 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Uncle B Uncle B is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: denial
Posts: 48,018
Default

Headed to 'Homestead restaurant' at the beach in about an hour, for dinner with the wifey and her father.....Man, i love that country cookin...


Country Fried Steak, mashed potatoes and country gravy
Reply With Quote
  #825 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Uncle B Uncle B is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: denial
Posts: 48,018
Default

Do you guys every bother calling a place to complain about the food you got when they screw up, if it's a place you go to regularly??


I picked up dinner from Carrabba's last night, one of our favorite restaurants down here...Man, it sucked ass...What a disapointment..


We probably eat there at least 2 times a month, for like the last 6 years...This was the first time the entire meal just blew.

the Chicken Bryan was over cooked and dry...The goat cheese topping that is supposed to cover the chicken was about the size of a quarter, so that didn't help matters... My Linguine Pescatore was a total mess...They used the wrong type of pasta, the scallops were litterally burnt, the shrip was overcooked and was dry and rubbery..

Just the whole meal, every damn thing we got was shitty for one reason or another....But, we go there so damn often that we know most of the people there by name now.....The wife wants me to call and complain, but, i just feel weird about it, cause i'm the one thats gotta see them every time i pick up the food...
Reply With Quote
  #826 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Uncle B Uncle B is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: denial
Posts: 48,018
Default

Man, ever since waking up this afternoon, i have had a killer damn craving for a big batch of bacon, cheddar ranch fries....

sucks that Outback doesn't open till 4pm....probably busy as all Hell now at 5pm..


surpised they don't open for lunch...i'd think they would do a pretty sweet lunch business.
Reply With Quote
  #827 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2009, 05:29 PM
luke m. luke m. is offline
Four Star General
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 16,526
Default

Eat more chicken!
__________________
Originally Posted by harvin

Gonna go ahead and call Vikes +3, MONEY

James Goldstein "NBA Super fan"


i'm adding this to my sig fuzzy! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #828 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Uncle B Uncle B is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: denial
Posts: 48,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke m. View Post
Eat more chicken!


lol


thats what we wound up eating actually.....Homestead Southern Fried Chicken...
Reply With Quote
  #829 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2009, 01:19 AM
buffbetonsports buffbetonsports is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle B View Post
Do you guys every bother calling a place to complain about the food you got when they screw up, if it's a place you go to regularly??


I picked up dinner from Carrabba's last night, one of our favorite restaurants down here...Man, it sucked ass...What a disapointment..


We probably eat there at least 2 times a month, for like the last 6 years...This was the first time the entire meal just blew.

the Chicken Bryan was over cooked and dry...The goat cheese topping that is supposed to cover the chicken was about the size of a quarter, so that didn't help matters... My Linguine Pescatore was a total mess...They used the wrong type of pasta, the scallops were litterally burnt, the shrip was overcooked and was dry and rubbery..

Just the whole meal, every damn thing we got was shitty for one reason or another....But, we go there so damn often that we know most of the people there by name now.....The wife wants me to call and complain, but, i just feel weird about it, cause i'm the one thats gotta see them every time i pick up the food...
Its an OSI concept B
Same folks that do Outback.
The fact you eat there often and it is a decent chain = all the more reason to call them. May be sorta late now though always want to do it right away.
A total disaster usually indicates yours wasn't the only one that night.

If it was my place I'd want to know.
Reply With Quote
  #830 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2009, 01:23 AM
Uncle B Uncle B is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: denial
Posts: 48,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbetonsports View Post
Its an OSI concept B
Same folks that do Outback.
The fact you eat there often and it is a decent chain = all the more reason to call them. May be sorta late now though always want to do it right away.
A total disaster usually indicates yours wasn't the only one that night.

If it was my place I'd want to know.


Yeah, my wife called....The manager gave her a $50 Carrabba's Gift Card...
Reply With Quote
  #831 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Uncle B Uncle B is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: denial
Posts: 48,018
Default

I got a vicious craving this morning for Chili for some damn reason, and all day long, i couldn't get it out of my head.


Finally went to Publix and picked up the seasonings, onions, hamburger and beans, and at about 4pm started cooking this thing, expecting to have it for dinner.

Got to cooking the stuff though, and thought this would be a good opportunity to get rid of some of the meats in our deepfreezer....So, i dug out a package of deer meat, a pack of ground turkey and about a lb and a half of ostrich meat that we got as a gift a few months ago, and never could think of wtf to do with..





So, anyways....i have 4 packs of mccormicks chili seasoning packs and the beans and onions, etc.....and hadn't expected to use all these other meats, so, since about 7pm, i have made 2 more trips to the store for more of everything because i put so much friggin meat in the mix, and, i figured with the variety of meats, i should maybe add another bean, so, i tossed in about a half lb of black beans to mix with the kidney beans..........And, since i was using so many different meats, i had to keep tasting the chili as it simmered and mixed, to see what else i needed to add....

So, what started as a simple idea of tossing together a wuickie pot of chili to munch on this afternoon, has now ballooned into about 6 gallons of Beef, Turkey, Venison, Ostrich and Black Bean chili....And now it is finally done, after about 8 hours total of cooking preparation, and, the wife is now fast asleep and i am stuffed from tasting spoonfuls of the stuff over the last 6 - 7 hours.



And i have so much of the stuff now, that i can't even put it in the fridge, so, gonna have to keep it on simmer all damn night until i am hungry again....



On the plus side though....It is the tastiest chili i have ever tasted in my life..Honestly, i have never had any sort of chili that was nearly this good, ever......The mix of the meats together with the kidney beans and black beans.....Holy shit, i really can't even describe it.....I just wish i was able to maybe eat a bowl before crashing for the night...
Reply With Quote
  #832 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Uncle B Uncle B is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: denial
Posts: 48,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle B View Post


On the plus side though....It is the tastiest chili i have ever tasted in my life..Honestly, i have never had any sort of chili that was nearly this good, ever......The mix of the meats together with the kidney beans and black beans.....Holy shit, i really can't even describe it.....I just wish i was able to maybe eat a bowl before crashing for the night...



It's even better this afternoon, after sitting on simmer all night...
Reply With Quote
  #833 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2009, 06:21 PM
truckman truckman is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,972
Default

Chili is good stuff. I usually mix sausage and hamburger and mix in at 2-3 different kinds of beans. Black for sure, some Bush's chili beans and light kidney.

I can't make a small pot, it turns out huge. I keep adding stuff and adding stuff until it overflows! Luckily I have a big family and it still takes us 3 days eat it all.
Reply With Quote
  #834 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2009, 06:23 PM
truckman truckman is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,972
Default

I have the BEST Skyline (cincinnati) chilli recipe. It is great served on pasta or on hot dogs. If anyone likes skyline chilli, send me a PM. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Reply With Quote
  #835 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Uncle B Uncle B is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: denial
Posts: 48,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckman View Post
I have the BEST Skyline (cincinnati) chilli recipe. It is great served on pasta or on hot dogs. If anyone likes skyline chilli, send me a PM. I promise you will not be disappointed.



Don't think i've even heard of it before, much less tried it....I love chili though, one of my favorite foods any time of year..
Reply With Quote
  #836 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2009, 07:03 PM
KoolPappy KoolPappy is offline
Three Star General
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle B View Post
Don't think i've even heard of it before, much less tried it....I love chili though, one of my favorite foods any time of year..
Good stuff Unc...you never been to Ohio?

__________________

Pappy

~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey Philly guys whats up with AI>> BuzzRavanaugh Mess Hall 6 12-09-2006 05:57 PM
Todays menu jjdman Mess Hall 9 03-20-2005 02:30 PM
Whats On Eating Menu Today For Games jjgold Mess Hall 34 03-20-2005 02:57 AM
O.K guys........Sox vs Yanks.......whats your bet or prop???? stevo Mess Hall 28 10-13-2004 01:01 AM
Whats the play tonite guys? degenerategambler Mess Hall 1 09-27-2004 09:06 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 PM.

Please be advised that if you are wagering over the internet, this is illegal in many jurisdictions. A wagering site may be operating legally at their location but it may still be illegal for you to wager from your location. We suggest you check on the legal situation from any jurisdiction in which you may wager.
 

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6