|Ice Rink hockey picks and conversation|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools|
Sweat Hog Hockey-Thursday
I don't think I've posted here before, but if you'll allow me to I'll post tonight picks.
Here's what I played today: Really hoping to put the screws to the books tonight.
1) Philly -118 vs NYR: Rangers have only won 2 games on the road, and one of them was last night. Look for a fresh Philly team to put the screws to the Rangers tonight.
2) NYI +141 at Pittsburgh: Sid Crosby has an injured wrist, but will play. His stick-handling and shooting ability may be affected by this injury over the course of the game. NYI has poured it on, winning 6 of their last 8 games, while Pittsburgh is playing as I've been predicting all along, and have lost 8 of their last 10 games. NYI has also won the last 3 in this matchup and will face Marc-Andre Fleury who's confidence is shot right now, look for him to let in a soft goal early then the Penguins spirit will break.
3) Florida -162 vs Washington: I generally like Florida at home, but really like them when they play a far inferior team like the Caps.
4) Minny -159 at Edmonton: Wow, I've never heard of this, but Edmonton sent Roloson home yesterday to rest up for this game. The Oilers played a hard-fought game last night (great game if you got a chance to watch it), but the game went to shootout late last night in a different time zone. Then Edmonton had to fly home to rest for today's game. The Wild have been waiting in Edmonton for 2 days for the Oiler game, and should be well rested (what night life is there in Edmonton anyway??). The schedule makers were not kind to the Oilers for this one. Oh-ya, Minny gets Gaborik back tonight and they are a totally different animal when he's in the lineup.
5) San Jose -109 at Phoenix: Domination in this matchup in recent meetings. Only hesitation on this one would be that SJ played an OT game last night in Dallas, but I still think that the Sharks are jumping out of their tanks and are playing much better hockey than they were earlier. Joe Thornton is on fire, and I fully believe that a tired SJ team still beats a fresh Phoenix team. Phoenix has only won twice on home ice this year, so this venue has not been a friendly place for the Coyotes to roam.
6) NYI/Pittsburgh Over 5.5: Fleury is not the go-to guy the Pens hoped he would be, lots of fire power in this game to go over.
GL to everyone on ice tonight.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|$500 Matchbook Olympic Hockey Contest Thursday Feb 16th||Yzerman#19||Ice Rink||26||02-16-2006 05:50 PM|
|Sweat the GRADING not the race||skin||Mess Hall||8||06-24-2005 07:51 PM|
|Hockey talks to resume Thursday and Friday in Toronto||bigboydan||Mess Hall||0||05-03-2005 01:27 AM|
|Amazing how the punters sweat AGAIN in nba :)||cash||Mess Hall||2||05-09-2004 01:12 AM|
|I had to sweat That 181.5 Total for 2 dimes,,,,||jackfrost||Mess Hall||8||04-25-2003 03:45 PM|