View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Three Star General

Default Its U.S. Open week--Winged Foot--

Playing several guys in futures. Going to lay off the interactives- haven't been treating me well past two weeks.

I am laying off the big names. Can't see Tiger close to being in it with the layoff and his erratic driving. Ernie looks shot. Even Goosen looks awry. Can definitely see VJ doing something. His putting really impressed me last week. Phil is purely the one to beat. Has the mental game down. Is real focused and prepared. Would not be surprised in the least to see him win, but not betting that way. Here is who I am taking..

Chris DiMarco- yeah a bit crazy considering he has played poorly most of the year. But has shown subtle signs of late. I really expect him to play well.

Bo Van Pelt- perennial contender- refuses to win-Know that doesnt inspire confidence but hey at 100 plus to one worth a shot

Ted Purdy- guy is as straight as Rambo. Has the right temperment. Live 200-1 shot

Ben Crane- I really like this guy's game. Of the young guys I fully expect him to win majors. Has not been healthy much of the year but playing well of late. Another guy whose temperment and patience should fit well

David Toms- Guess he is one of the names. Surprised he has not won an US Open yet. Thought he would last year.