Thread: Pick The Dow
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 06:31 AM
Two Star General

Default RE:Pick The Dow

BG,

Wow, just can't believe it. Now there's no way of documenting my record for prosperity .[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Not sure if that a good thing or a bad thing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Of course, I never did find the find time to tabulate it nor was there any clamouring demand.
Although there was quite a bit of research and data posted along with our Dow picks.
Guess one "shouldn't cry over spilled milk", perhaps a few sniffles.
Oh well, what can u do???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Down on Thursday

The Dow has had "back to back" down days, perhaps indicating stalling momentum.
Market has been in a strong upward trend, so shorting a iffy propositon.
Assume any pull back will be short lived.
See the better performing Nasdaq drawing some funds away from the Dow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Market Notes:

"There's a lot of optimism about the earnings due in the next few weeks, and right now
that's concentrated in technology, with people feeling upbeat about tech earnings and
spending, which is why you've been seeing the Nasdaq perform a little better than the
others this last week"

-Robert Long, vice president of investments at Melhado Flynn & Associates.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week, Wall Street's attention will likely focus mainly on Friday's December jobs
report. A consensus of economists surveyed by Briefing.com expects employers added
148,000 new jobs to their payrolls, after adding 57,000 in November

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
December 30, 2003: 2:51 PM EST

Stock funds take in $14.9 Billion

Funds added money in November...reports say.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Investors added a net $14.9 billion to U.S. stock mutual funds in
November, continuing a trend of inflows that started in March, an industry group said
Tuesday.

The Investment Company Institute said investors pulled $2.5 billion from bond funds
last month. Money market funds had outflows of $7.7 billion, the ICI said.
The latest monthly inflows were reported as the Dow industrials posted a small decline
while the Standard & Poor's 500 and the Nasdaq Composite added to their gains for the
year.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good luck everyone,

baz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]