View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Five Star General

Arrow Rain Could Clear In Time For Game

Rain Could Clear In Time For Game

The Tampa Tribune

Published: October 25, 2008

PHILADELPHIA - An improved forecast Friday indicated that the rain expected today could move out of the area in time for Game 3 of the World Series.

Various forecasters called for a rain probability of 80 to 100 percent, decreasing in the evening. The National Weather Service projected evening showers, mainly before 9 p.m., gradually clearing. The game is scheduled to start at 8:35 p.m.

Rays manager Joe Maddon said he didn't have any contingency plans laid out, but he is optimistic about the forecast.

"I'm just waiting to see what happens today, and if we play that game it's going to be business as usual, and if it's not, we'll discuss it," Maddon said. "I'm anticipating playing. I really am."

If tonight's game at Citizens Bank Park is postponed, Games 3, 4 and 5 would be pushed back to Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Games 6 and 7, if needed, would be played as planned in St. Petersburg on Wednesday and Thursday.

A postponement could mean the Rays would see the Phillies' best pitcher, left-hander Cole Hamels, one day earlier than scheduled. Hamels would be pitching on his normal four days' rest Monday.

"If and when it happens, we'll sit down and talk about it," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said when asked if he would change his rotation.

Tony Fabrizio, Marc Lancaster

Find this article at:
Rain Could Clear In Time For Game